L7 Creative is passionate about environmental consciousness and the growing opportunities for businesses in this space. We may not be able to stop crude oil trade or global warming, but we do know how to properly position green technology and renewable energy organizations to be successful so that they can concentrate on creating a positive impact on our environment. We feel a personal responsibility to do our part for our future, and L7 Creative is honored to have the opportunity to work with great organizations in this growing vertical. Through our work with clients; EcoAdapt, Baker Electric Solar, CAKE, WWF, and DoD STEM, we have deep knowledge in this area, and we understand that their business is more than just business as usual. For us, staying up-to-date and informed is critical, which is why we bring you…
The latest things you should know about green technology and renewable energy:
1. Before the Flood – This powerful, 96-minute National Geographic documentary film explores the topic of climate change through facts, opinions and possible solutions from major activists and world leaders. Led by Leonardo DiCaprio, as the United Nations Messenger of Peace for the Climate, he takes you through the melting glaciers of the Arctic, the haze of Indonesia, and the flooding communities of India. The film’s overall message is very clear: everyone needs to do their part in the fight against climate change.
2. President-Elect Trump – what does the recent election of President Trump mean for the climate action plan? What will his election do for the industry? Only time will tell, but for now, we’ve gathered a few of Trump’s opinions on some very important issues. Trump believes more studies on climate change are needed but has said we do need clean air and clean water. As Mr. Trump says, he plans to withdraw the United States from the Paris Agreement, block Obama’s Clean Power Plan, and create more growth and opportunity for the coal industry. It’s no surprise then, that it’s up to private industries, like Tesla, to lead the way in green technology and renewable energy.
3. Tesla’s Solar Roof – Elon Musk released a solar roof in a dramatic unveiling event in late October. The new solar roof is composed of glass roof tiles. These glass tiles are sleek, with a variety of styles making it an option for almost any style house. The solar roof is meant to be affordable by having the installed cost less than a new roof plus electricity. This “smart” roof promises to not only generate more affordable solar electricity, it will also improve overall roofing aesthetics, product longevity, and insulation. The solar roof, it’s partner the Powerwall battery storage, and Tesla electric car all exemplify Tesla’s mission to “accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.”
4. Local: The California Election Results That Will Benefit Our Earth – California passes a ban on single-use plastic bags. This ban will stop the disposal of about 123,000 tons of plastic bags a year. Santa Monica City Council passes an ordinance that requires all new single-family construction to be zero-net energy (ZNE). Just before the election, Governor Jerry Brown signed a pair of bills that will extend California’s plan to drastically cut carbon emissions for another 10 years!
5. Paris Agreement – the groundbreaking Paris Agreement on climate change was effective as of November 4th, 2016. What does this mean? Countries will be held responsible for their support of the Paris Agreement by enacting policies and legislature to hold up to their end of the bargain. Not sure what the Paris Agreement is? Read here or watch Before the Flood. To bring it full-circle, refer again to item number 1 on this list.
L7 Creative has a role to play to assist innovation and promote green technology and renewable energy. And, we believe that development of the environment and the economy are not diametrically opposed, but go hand in hand. As a community, we have a responsibility to further advance San Diego’s clean energy industry, and, in an effort to do our part, L7 Creative stands strong with and supports those who help provide sustainable energy solutions that benefit all.
If you’re in the clean energy space and you need an agency partner that understands how to open new markets, launch new products and grow your brand, take a look at L7 Creative and our deep knowledge of green energy technologies.
By: Theresa Gallego