Web Design & Development
Website Discovery & Planning
Our award-winning web design services include: User Journey Analysis, User Interfaces (UI) & User Experience (UX) Design & Strategy, ADA Compliance, Complex Website Development & Maintenance
CMS, Front-End Website Development
We plan and develop with a mobile-first philosophy that includes: Mobile, Tablet & Device Optimization, Web Applications, API's & System Integrations, ADA Compliance, Copy & Content & Mobile Apps
e-Commerce Web Design
Our designers and web developers are Experts in Building e-Commerce Websites in WordPress & Drupal 8 Content Management Systems. And all of our sites are Fully Responsive, Designed to Optimize Conversions & Produce More Sales beyond the San Diego area
Our Website Process
At L7 Creative, we believe that an effective web presence is just one aspect of a powerful brand. In this Discovery phase we will create the strategic planning assets and information architecture documentation that will be needed as the foundation for creating your new website. Conducting this initial discovery is a crucial first part of any web development effort and ultimately reduces risk, speeds up implementation, and ensures that the final product exceeds your expectations.
- L7 Website Discovery Questionnaire – The L7 Website Discovery Questionnaire creates a common understanding between everyone involved: your team and our team (designers, developers, copywriters, project managers, strategists). This process includes insightful research into your brand, its positioning, your competitors and your marketing goals, all to craft a unique user interface that engages your target audience.
- Discovery Questionnaire Review – This workshop will be a collaborative process with key stakeholders from your team where we’ll define functional requirements and specifications of your new site based on your questionnaire responses.
Great design, functionality, security, state of the art programming, SEO enhanced, responsiveness, end-user experience – these are all necessities to L7 Creative and what sets us apart from just making cookie cutter websites. We take a closer look at a build-out by applying logic and design from the outside-in. Our architecture, User Experience, and User Interface decisions are made with the end-user in mind. Using the information gathered, we’ll begin laying the foundation for a great user interface (UI) and ultimately an unforgettable user experience (UX).
- User Profiles – Understanding the needs of your customer is vital to developing a successful web site. In this phase, we’ll identify user needs and uncover their end goals. We’ll craft user personas, each will include a brief summary of the goals, activities and/or permissions.
- Site Map – We’ll produce one graphical sitemap, including documentation of user flows and navigation. We’ll also provide recommendations for technology platforms.
Now that we have the discovery complete, we can use all this information to recommend a clean and effective UI/UX. Our web designers can now provide recommendations regarding copywriting rich in SEO keywords, brand & image assets, social media strategies and input on the overall structure and functionality of your site.
- Content Outline – We’ll define the content requirements to help us structure your web site’s information to create a systemic, structural, and orderly experience for the user.
- Copywriting – Effective positioning and marketing messaging is a key success factor for any new website. Here, we’ll also determine if L7 Creative will be responsible for producing the copy and assets for your website. L7 Creative can assist by enhancing the most important pages of the site along with themed headlines, subheads, and copy treatments to improve audience response.
In this phase of your project we will create the visual design for the look and feel of your site. This process includes in-depth research into your brand, its positioning, your competitors and your marketing goals to craft a unique user interface that engages your target audience. To ensure consistent presentation of all future web assets, we will prepare a web style guide as part of our UI/UX design process.
- Style Guide – Your style guide will include your web color palette, web typographical reference, and common HTML elements (including but not limited to page headings, body copy, lists, text links, navigation, and buttons)
- Mood board – We’ll create an arrangement of images, materials, pieces of text that will evoke or project a particular style or concept for your new site.
- Wireframes – We’ll produce wireframe diagrams to illustrate key structural layout and user interface for your new site.
In this phase, we will finalize the site and implement the approved style guide and template designs into your CMS technology. Our expert front end developers will begin by creating the application skin and assisting the application developer with the creation of the templates. Then, our engineering team will customize your website, create all back end modules, customize back end management views, and configure the live hosting environments.
- Content Population – We’ll give you a head start by loading content onto your site. This may include testmonials, case studies, news posts, products, blog posts, white papers, webinars, etc.
- Cross Platform & Browser Testing – Our developers will ensure your website is compatible with all major browsers including the latests versions of Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Safari.
QA & Launch
Ensuring a successful launch requires a careful and thorough QA process. We will provide our own QA team and will work with your team to ensure that the site has been fully tested and is ready to perform above and beyond expectations.
- Refinement – Here, we’ll cleanup and configure necessary redirects and configure your DNS. We’ll also submit your sitemap to Google.
- Design & Functional QA – We’ll perform a functional QA to validate links, forms submissions, submit buttons, and tracking codes. Our design team will ensure the look and feel of your site meets the design requirements and all design elements are optimized for various devices.
- Training – During this phase, we’ll empower your team to take perform content updates by providing up to 4 hours of professional WordPress training for your team.
Maintenance & Support
Our team will continue optimizing after your new website has been deployed.
- CMS technology core updates, security updates, protection and monitoring
- Codebase bug resolution & plugin updates
- Consultation & training on using CMS features & capabilities
- Monitoring your website uptime & performance tuning
- Security Priority support when downtime or hacking has been identified
- Onsite & offsite backups & database backups
- Third party integration support
- Hosting infrastructure maintenance
- 24/7 monitoring & abnormality alerts
- Emergency support
- Feature improvements
- Browser compatibility support
- Maintenance of ticketing system to document any issues
- Monthly review of error logs and recommendations of any appropriate fixes
- Quality assurance testing: visual & functional